Family Categories

Family Categories

New Zealand Immigration offers a range of visas to help partners, dependent children and parents of New Zealand citizens, residents and visa holders keep family together in New Zealand.

Talk to us about family reunification through a partnership and family visa for New Zealand. Residents and citizens can sponsor family members to come and live in New Zealand. In most cases, the sponsor must have held residence or citizenship for at least the last three years.

Dependent Child Resident Visa

If you’re a New Zealand citizen or resident living in New Zealand you can bring dependent children aged 24 years and under to New Zealand to live, study and even work in New Zealand indefinitely.

Tier One Parent Resident Visa

These family category visas allow parents of New Zealand residents or citizens who have access to sufficient funds to apply for residence in New Zealand.

Partner of a New Zealander Resident Visa

If you’re the partner of a New Zealand citizen or resident, you can apply to live, work and study in New Zealand indefinitely.

To be successful in your application, you must be able to prove that you have been “living together” in a “genuine and stable” relationship. We know how to help people gather the appropriate evidence to prove their relationship.

We also have experience with visas for partners under Partnership Instructions where the requirement for living together has not been met. There are many fishhooks to this visa type, particularly if the applicant is not in New Zealand. 

Refugee Family Support Resident Visa

New Zealand residents who came to New Zealand as a refugee or protected person may be able to sponsor a family member (and their partner and dependent children) for New Zealand residence.

We enjoy working with families and have the expertise to assist with applying for and processing all types of family visas.

Often the grounds for applying for a family visa for New Zealand can appear clear and the application process straightforward, but things can get complicated. If you do not have the legal expertise, the application can be at risk.

If you are in the process of applying for a family visa for New Zealand and have received a Potential Prejudicial Information (PPI) letter from Immigration New Zealand, then please contact us today for assistance. On numerous occasions we have successfully resolved these cases.

Partner of a New Zealander Work Visa

We are currently creating content.
Please contact us for more information.

With IDESI LEGAL you are in safe hands. Call 09 283 0157 for expert immigration advice on family reunification and help with applications for a family visa for New Zealand.

Start typing and press Enter to search